Author: Jochen Sprickerhof
To: ros-users
Subject: Re: [ros-users] Call for Openni2 PPA maintainer
Hi Tully,

wouldn't it be actually easier to add support for proper packaged source
debs to the ROS build system? I have a bunch of packages I would like to
have in ROS but still need time before submitting them to Debian. I
think it should be as easy as adding the git-buildpackage repo to the
distribution.yaml and let it build by the ROS autobuilders (bonus points
for a dput like interface). I guess we would only need to relax some of
the awakward bloom assumptions in there.

Cheers Jochen