Author: Mike Purvis
To: Jonathan Bohren, User discussions
Subject: Re: [ros-users] Wiki documentation for twist_mux package
A few of us have been experimenting with various schemes for rendering docs
and tutorials as static versioned pages rather than wiki content, cf.

http://docs.ros.org/api/jackal_tutorials/html/
http://docs.ros.org/indigo/api/robot_upstart/html/
http://docs.ros.org/indigo/api/capabilities/html/
http://unboundedrobotics.github.io/ubr1_preview/

I was particularly happy with the sphinx-argparse plugin which is what renders
the first big chunk of this page
<http://docs.ros.org/indigo/api/robot_upstart/html/install.html>. I think
there would be fantastic potential to develop a suite of Sphinx plugins
which could automatically render decent quality docs from easily
discoverable information (cfg files, launch files, etc).

William's got a more general discussion about where this should/could go in
the future:

http://design.ros2.org/articles/ros_documentation_system.html

On 8 May 2015 at 11:16, Jonathan Bohren via ros-users <