Author: Ryan L. Cousins
To: ros-users
Subject: [ros-users] camera suggestions?
Hello,

We're developing a low-cost robotics board (ARM + FPGA + wireless) and looking into camera options... We’re looking for ways to provide full-HD stereo vision on the cheap via a couple board-mounted cameras. Does anyone have a preferred/go-to camera or vision setup of choice?

Having cameras that can accommodate photography/HD image capture as well as FPV, visual nav, machine vision, etc. would be nice (and doable computationally) but we're having trouble finding reasonably-priced options. The Sony FCB-MA130 series was a really good one that came up but comes with a pretty hefty price tag (>$110ea).

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

-Ryan
ros-users mailing list