Author: Paul Bovbel
To: ros-users
Subject: [ros-users] ROS-VRPN Client (compatible Vicon, Optitrack, others) released
Hello ros-users,

As part of a summer hack project at Clearpath Robotics, I've released a ROS
package [http://wiki.ros.org/vrpn_client_ros] wrapping the VRPN client
library. This package provides support for exposing information on VRPN
Tracker devices (pose, velocity, acceleration data) into ROS.

We've tested it in house with VICON and OptiTrack mocap systems - please
keep in mind that neither system exposes velocity or acceleration data over
VRPN. Any feedback, bug reports, or validation is greatly appreciated!

A list of VRPN supported devices can be found here [
https://github.com/vrpn/vrpn/wiki/Supported-hardware-devices]

Paul