Author: Jackie Kay
CC: ROS-Release
Subject: Re: [ros-release] Build Farm Spam and Debugging
I also find the build farm spam quite annoying. I get the same notification
failure whenever anything on Kinetic breaks. :)

Glancing at the package.xml for map_msgs, could it be that the accented "é"
in the author field (Stéphane Magnenat) is breaking unicode parsing, not
the exclamation points?

https://github.com/ros-planning/navigation_msgs/blob/jade-devel/map_msgs/package.xml

I will look into sanitizing the characters so that we can support package
maintainers and authors with unicode characters in their names.

On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 9:32 AM, Tully Foote via ros-release <