Author: Jack O'Quin via ros-users
To: ros-users
Subject: [ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Developing with SROS

[quote="adnirb, post:2, topic:861"]
I am thinking of an SROS extension which includes modifying the Master API call (register call) from a node to the master, to include a node-authentication-token. This would mean that the node registration would be successful at the master only if this token is verified correctly. In addition to your answers to the above questions, it would be great to know your thoughts on this idea.
[/quote]

I doubt that approach will work in ROS 2, because there is no direct equivalent to ``roscore``.

Maybe some of the ROS 2 developers will suggest ways to automate secure node creation in a more portable fashion.

---
[Visit Topic](http://discourse.ros.org/t/developing-with-sros/861/3) or reply to this email to respond.