Author: Kyler Laird via ros-users
To: ros-users
Subject: [ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Tractobots, my attempts at field robots

solosito,

Now that I've had a taste of working with the IMU, I desperately want fusion. I need remedial help.

One of the issues I've had is that I've wanted to incorporate the yaw and roll data from the dual GPS. I'm leaning hard toward switching to a single GPS(/GNSS) receiver. That should make my configuration a bit more standard.

Today I installed nmea_navsat_driver and the TinkerForge sensor driver. I now have /fix, /vel, and /tfsensors/imu1 (among others). Unfortunately, my GPS went sour last night and I can't get RTK now. I'll be debugging it for awhile.

I'm looking at the steps that xqms suggests. Converting the /fix data to UTM seems straightforward enough but the transforms are completely beyond me. I would love to have a simple concrete step to take toward this.

Also, I'm back to studying robot_localization. Again, I'm encountering the odometry requirement.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/tractobots-my-attempts-at-field-robots/1486/41) or reply to this email to respond.