Author: Dave Kotfis via ros-users
To: ros-users
Subject: [ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Humanoids] Humanoid_msgs Definitions

We may first need to decide where the interface for this step message should sit.

Should this be primarily used as a goal for a controller? If so, many of the planning cost parameters could be dropped. But if it needs to be an interface between different planning layers they need to stay.

Is the controller responsible for computing CoM and foot trajectories, or is there a separate gait generator that does this? If we want to support multi-contact planning, it would be useful to split out the two so that foot (end effector) trajectories could be planned intelligently.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/humanoid-msgs-definitions/2119/13) or reply to this email to respond.