[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Manag…

Forside
Vedhæftede filer:
Indlæg som e-mail
+ (text/plain)
Slet denne besked
Besvar denne besked
Skribent: Boilerbots via ros-users
Til: ros-users
Emne: [ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management] Can we fix rsync for packages.ros.org

Yes I know you want people to use apt-mirror but I can't. I need to run a mirror on a production machine that is CentOS based and has tight restrictions. This mirror uses rsync to mirror third party repositories. This is efficient and trusted.

I can rsync all parts of ros.org except for the packages because the packages directory is a link that is not followed by the rsync server. You can test this using the command: rsync -azv rsync.osuosl.org::ros/packages.ros.org/ros/ubuntu /tmp/ros

I have made a request to osuosl.org to fix this since all their other hosted projects support rsync but they have implied that the server is controlled by OSRF. So can you guys fix this?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/can-we-fix-rsync-for-packages-ros-org/2767/1) or reply to this email to respond.