Author: Dirk Thomas via ros-users
To: ros-users
Subject: [ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Dashboard of ROS2 next focus and high priority for upcoming release or next direction

This is actually a question each and every maintainer of a ROS packages has to answer.

We (at OSRF) are currently working on a lot of "foundational" stuff: basically what is enumerated on the roadmap. While we try to demonstrate the usability and improvements using demos we don't maintain many of the higher level packages in ROS.

E.g. for `rviz` we are trying to rewrite the existing code base to support both ROS versions (see https://github.com/ros2/rviz). But each component (navigation, moveit, etc.) will have to come up with their own plan. For other packages like `rqt` we haven't even started to plan how to support ROS 2 with it.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/dashboard-of-ros2-next-focus-and-high-priority-for-upcoming-release-or-next-direction/2700/6) or reply to this email to respond.