Author: Geoffrey Biggs via ros-users
To: ros-users
CC: Geoffrey Biggs
Subject: [ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Rosimport : python is dynamic

How does this look to someone who has a workspace with a mix of C++ and Python packages? With Catkin if I have that, and I have messages in the Python package, Catkin will ensure they are available from the C++ package. Based on your description of pyros, I get the impression that it's only suitable for the equivalent of a pure-Python workspace, and if I have stuff that needs to be shared with C++ packages then I need to deal with that in a workspace for that. Is this correct? It's not necessarily a bad thing, I just want to be clear on the limitations.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/rosimport-python-is-dynamic/3156/2) or reply to this email to respond.