Author: Drew Brown via ros-users
To: ros-users
CC: Drew Brown
Subject: [ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Computer Vision / Perception] Building a Tensorflow Object Detection and Localization ROS Package

Ok, I cleaned up the code enough to put an alpha release out on Github. If you're familiar with making your own object detection models in tensorflow, this should get you the rest of the way.

https://github.com/theamazingdrew/ros_object_detector

I have a todo list in the readme, and I suggst you look at it first just to get a sense for what's going on. I'll be around to answer any questions. Code improvements are always welcome.

Note that I couldn't load my demo model, because github has a 100mb limit, so the code will fail when executed because there's no valid .pb model in there (just a placeholder file). For researchers, I'll try to get a working, sub-100mb model in there soon.

Once I get it a little cleaner I'll make a new announcement of its availability to the community at large.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/building-a-tensorflow-object-detection-and-localization-ros-package/3103/8) or reply to this email to respond.