Author: Eirik Hexeberg Henriksen via ros-users
To: ros-users
CC: Eirik Hexeberg Henriksen
Subject: [ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Increasing memory usage for publishing nodes with enabled intra-process communication

I am looking into using ros2 and have done some testing on sending images between nodes using intraprocess communication. It seems like the memory usage is slowly increasing for all publishing nodes where intra-process communication is activated. This is regardless of any intra-process subscribers.

The same nodes with intra-process communication turned off does not have increasing memory usage.

I am currently using the default Fast-rtps implementation. I first noticed the problem in the "latest-release", but checked out the master branch yesterday to see if the problem was fixed. (it wasn't).

It can be reproduced by running the intra-process-demo image nodes.

Is it possible to fix this?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/increasing-memory-usage-for-publishing-nodes-with-enabled-intra-process-communication/3261/1) or reply to this email to respond.