[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Maritime Robotics] Common m…

Forside
Vedhæftede filer:
Indlæg som e-mail
+ (text/plain)
Slet denne besked
Besvar denne besked
Skribent: Musa Morena Marcusso Manhães via ros-users
Til: ros-users
CC: Musa Morena Marcusso Manhães
Emne: [ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Maritime Robotics] Common message structures for UUVs?

Hi everyone,

following the discussion started by @narcispr in this proposal to include DVL messages to the sensor_msgs package (https://github.com/ros/common_msgs/issues/116), I would like to ask if there are other implementations of ROS message/service structures out there of typical sensors for maritime robotics.
At the beginning of the implementation of our simulation environment it was a little difficult finding a standard (or any standard) in that matter, and in the end we ended up setting our own, but that becomes an issue later on regarding compatibility and portability. It could also be the case that I was uninformed about something that already exists, but until now couldn't find nothing really close to a common ground.
I think starting to converge to a structure that can be used by several projects, as @narcispr suggested , would help avoid every single new project setting up the messages and services all over again.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/common-message-structures-for-uuvs/3737/1) or reply to this email to respond.