Author: Kyler Laird via ros-users
To: ros-users
CC: Kyler Laird
Subject: [ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Tractobots, my attempts at field robots

Hi, Al. I strongly recommend that you forget all about that code; it's really bad and very specific to the hardware I was using at the time.

Do you know about AgOpenGPS (https://agopengps.jimdosite.com/)? It's a good place to start for a ready-to-run (but non-ROS) solution.

For a ROS solution, please join us on ROS Agriculture (http://rosagriculture.org/).

However...to answer your questions...

Q1: /dev/gps_nmea is the NMEA port of my GPS. There's also a port for RTCM. Each one is a separate(!) USB interface. I use udev to assign the NMEA port to /dev/gps_nmea. It's usually /dev/ttyS0, I think.

Q2: I used a Tinkerforge IMU Brick V2.0 as the IMU. I don't think I uploaded the code for its publisher.

I'm now using an Advanced Navigation Spatial Dual (http://www.advancednavigation.com.au/product/spatial-dual). It's ridiculously expensive but awesome. Also, I'm trying to move everything to be more ROS-like. I'm in the midst of developing the code again.

I suggest that you keep trying with Pure Pursuit. Brian at OpenAgGPS has had good results with it. At this moment, I am mapping the steering for my MT765 so that I can switch to Pure Pursuit.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/tractobots-my-attempts-at-field-robots/1486/76) or reply to this email to respond.