Author: Carlos J Rosales Gallegos via ros-users
To: ros-users
CC: Carlos J Rosales Gallegos
Subject: [ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] Proposed changes to the ROS releases

> I dont see this often tbh. It seems a bit forced.

Not seeing it often does not mean it can not happen, but certainly accountable.

> (can you provide a link to a PR?) or just illustrating.

I already gave you one in my first post above. Not exactly a PR, but an issue finding commits in previous releases not available in future releases. That was the one that triggered me to question the current branching strategy. So just wanted to know your reasoning behind it.

> So as far as I understand you proposal that is exactly what is happening in ros_comm with the only exception that the single line of development is not named master but after the latest ROS distro.

Not exactly the same thing then, since a branch is created every release cycle to continue the development.

> I would suggest to continue this specific conversation in a separate topic / thread since it gets a little bit away form the scope of the original topic.

Sure, I'll create it.

---

[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/proposed-changes-to-the-ros-releases/4736/13) or reply to this email to respond.