Author: Simon Schmeisser \(isys vision\) via ros-users
To: ros-users
CC: Simon Schmeisser \(isys vision\)
Subject: [ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Quality Assurance] On (git) branching strategies

I agree with @de-vri-es, I was quite confused at the beginning about using/contributing to a hydro-devel when the current version is kinetic. After some time you realize that the branch name basically encodes the level of backwards compatibility. But my first reaction was to think this is orphaned/stale code.
But I think this is mainly a communication issue, not a work flow or organizational one.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/on-git-branching-strategies/4785/4) or reply to this email to respond.