[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Rosbag…

Forside
Vedhæftede filer:
Indlæg som e-mail
+ (text/plain)
Slet denne besked
Besvar denne besked
Skribent: karsten via ros-users
Til: ros-users
CC: karsten
Emne: [ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Rosbag in ROS2

I personally would advise against it. We are starting the rosbag2 development soon and I don't think that maintaining two systems does bring much benefit. Also I believe, using the bridge for using existing ROS1 bags does work (to a realistic degree) as such an interim.

To simply port the pub/sub to ROS2 won't bring you that much as things like connection information (type information, quality of service parameters, etc) won't be trivially portable. I'll try to break down my idea of development into multiple bits and tasks so that it's possible to contribute.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/rosbag-in-ros2/4827/4) or reply to this email to respond.