Author: Nick Knack15 via ros-users
To: ros-users
CC: Nick Knack15
Subject: [ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Jobs] Controls Engineer at a Funded Startup - Seattle, WA

Vivid Robotics is looking for a Controls Engineer with proven talent in fast paced controls and software prototyping.

**Vivid Robotics is a venture-backed startup building modular robotic systems for the quick service food industry.**

Do you love to design, prototype, and test robotic control systems? Do you love to get hands on? Are you ready to join a robotics company where rapid iteration and prototyping is the name of the game? If so, we can't wait to meet you!

We are looking for Control Engineers with experience in control system design, implementation, and hands-on testing. We are building complex software and control systems that can transform raw ingredients into meals that are delicious, nutritious, convenient, and affordable. If you enjoy working on open-ended control systems problems that balance cost, speed, and accuracy, we want to connect with you.

**Here's a bit more on your day-to-day. You will...**

    Design, implement, and test control systems

    Lead development of controls for an assembly line

    Regularly interface with mechanical and electrical teams

    Actively participate in the development, verification, and release of software

**We'd love to hear from everyone who's as passionate about this as we are, but we're particularly looking for the following:**

    BS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline

    Minimum three years experience in control systems engineering

    Strong fundamental control theory base

    Ability to model and understand physics-based dynamics

    Experience with hardware/software integration and real time communication

    Minimum two years experience with at least one modern programming language (C/C++, Python, Javascript, etc.)

    Knowledge of modern software engineering practices and patterns

    Strong knowledge of prototyping methods and success working with rapid-prototyping resources

**Bonus points if you have...**

    Strong Python knowledge

    Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers

    Experience with the Robot Operating System (ROS) is a major plus

    Knowledge of industry standards for assembly line controls

    Knowledge of and experience with advanced robotics controls (SLAM, path planning, etc.)

    Experience developing and maintaining a product through all phases of the product development lifecycle

    Experience working in an agile environment

Vivid Robotics is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.

---

[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/controls-engineer-at-a-funded-startup-seattle-wa/6043/1) or reply to this email to respond.