Author: Dan Prasenjit via ros-users
To: ros-users
CC: Dan Prasenjit
Subject: [ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Robot-localization porting to ROS2

Hello @Tom_Moore, as communicated over the email, I would like to thank you for your response. From your update, I understood that you managed to get robot_localization to build for ROS2, but have been running into issues with the ROS1 bridge, so you haven't really been able to test it. Do you have any further update for that? As I mentioned, Can you also please respond back with your input to following two question for my team?

1. Where are the ROS2 specific src code /build system changes maintained? Dont see them in the git source repos.

2. To verify ROS2 functionality, will it suffice if we just run existing ROS1 test suite (*kept in test folder in ROS1 src repos*)? But these are all simulation tests ( *not running on real h/w, sensors* ).

We are looking forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Dan

---

[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/robot-localization-porting-to-ros2/6379/1) or reply to this email to respond.