Author: Dejan Pangercic via ros-users
To: ros-users
CC: Dejan Pangercic
Subject: [ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] Discussion on ROS to ROS2 transition plan

[quote="Martin_Guenther, post:41, topic:6155"]

@mkhansens initial post surely was well-intended, but I dont think @bmagyar talking about burning bridges came out of the blue. When members of the ROS2 TSC casually talk about stopping all further ROS1 releases, and OSRF makes no reassuring replies on this matter, I also get the feeling that this is premature, and people are planning to burn some bridges. Please dont take this as an attack, I am trying to explain the emotions behind some of the reactions here.

[/quote]

@Martin_Guenther thanks a lot for bringing this up. I was not aware of this being the case and will make everything I can that we do it better in the future. Of course there has to be a firm transition plan and no divide.

---

[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/discussion-on-ros-to-ros2-transition-plan/6155/45) or reply to this email to respond.