Author: v-lopez via ros-users
To: ros-users
CC: v-lopez
Subject: [ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Diagnostic-aggregator and diagnostic-updater porting to ROS2

We have always used the diagnostics not only for monitoring hardware, but also software behavior.
You can monitor the tf topic frequency in the same way you monitor a camera topic.

In that sense hardware_id has been something inconvenient, I don't know if it makes sense for ROS2 to rename it to something more generic.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/diagnostic-aggregator-and-diagnostic-updater-porting-to-ros2/6382/5) or reply to this email to respond.