Author: Osamu Max Matsushima via ros-users
To: ros-users
CC: Osamu Max Matsushima
Subject: [ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Embedded] ROS2 Embedded SIG meeting

Here is the memory usage of Renesas RX65N implementation. The memory size I discussed at the SIG meeting includes AWS and Mbed TLS which are the big memory consumers. If we dont have to support the use-case, the memory usage becomes quite small (Use case 1 and 2). Please see the table below. Please note this memory usage could get changed during the course of development.

For RX65N FreeRTOS code, please see https://github.com/renesas-rx/amazon-freertos/tree/master/demos/renesas/rx65n-gr-rose

**Use case1: w/ UART**

||Flash|RAM|

| --- | --- | --- |

|FreeRTOS Kernel|10KB|0KB (allocated by heap/stack)|

|RX Driver Package|30KB|5KB|

|Micro XRCE-DDS|50KB|5KB|

|System heap/stack|-|10KB|

|Total|90KB|20KB|

**Use case2: w/ Local Area Network**

||Flash|RAM|

| --- | --- | --- |

|Use case1|10KB|0KB (allocated by heap/stack)|

|RX Driver Package|30KB|5KB|

|Micro XRCE-DDS|50KB|5KB|

|FreeRTOS+TCP|20KB|0KB (allocated by heap/stack)|

|System heap/stack|-|30KB|

|Total|110KB|40KB|

**Use case3: w/ full implementation: Wide Area Network**

||Flash|RAM|

| --- | --- | --- |

|FreeRTOS Kernel|10KB|0KB (allocated by heap/stack)|

|RX Driver Package|30KB|5KB|

|Micro XRCE-DDS|50KB|5KB|

|FreeRTOS+TCP|20KB|0KB (allocated by heap/stack)|

|Mbed TLS|110KB|20KB|

|AWS|50KB|10KB|

|System heap/stack|-|130KB|

|Total|270KB|170KB|