Author: Christian Rauch via ros-users
To: ros-users
CC: Christian Rauch
Subject: [ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Embedded] RMW-microxrcedds implementation

It's nice to see work on interfacing microcontrollers with a standard protocol.

>From the current documentation of eProsima's Micro-XRCE-DDS, only Windows and POSIX APIs (Linux, Nuttx, ...) are supported. Are there plans to support the serial protocol on 8bit Arduinos and bare metal STM32?

Especially the ATmega328 with it's 32KB flash and 2KB SRAM (that's what I call an extremely resource constrained environment) would make a nice demonstration of the DDS-XRCE serial protocol.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/rmw-microxrcedds-implementation/6727/7) or reply to this email to respond.