+ (text/plain)
Author: William Woodall via Discourse.ros.org via ros-users
To: ros-users
CC: William Woodall via Discourse.ros.org
Subject: [ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Set symbol visibility to hidden for RMW and RCL packages

Updating more libraries to hind their symbols by default seems reasonable to me. Any cases where we're using unintentionally referenced symbols should be addressed, as you said.

[quote="bhatsach, post:1, topic:7981"]
However other packages just have the visibility headers defined but not enabled in compile flags [2].
[/quote]

The symbol visibility headers are used primarily for Windows, where symbols must be declared publicly, and implicitly referencing symbols will not work.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/set-symbol-visibility-to-hidden-for-rmw-and-rcl-packages/7981/2) or reply to this email to respond.