Author: Jessica Szucs via Discourse.ros.org via ros-users
To: ros-users
CC: Jessica Szucs via Discourse.ros.org
Subject: [ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Jobs] Robotics Engineer

Robotics Engineer

Bristol

35,000 45,000 (DOE)

We are a fast-growing subsea robotics company focused in the renewables and offshore decommissioning sectors. We are advancing the state of the art in subsea robotics by developing the technology for live 3D vision and machine learning based data analysis.

Due to a new research project within unmanned underwater vehicles, we are expanding our current R&D team with an experienced Robotics Engineer.

The successful candidate will play a key role in the development of algorithms and system architecture for autonomous systems. The role will require the candidate to design, develop and test software on embedded systems for the control of a robotic vehicle in the subsea domain.

Essential requirements:

    PhD/Masters/Degree qualification in robotics or a computer science related subject

    At least 2 years industrial working experience developing and demonstrating autonomous and robotics systems

    Applying autonomous systems algorithms in the areas of mapping, path planning, localisation and control

    Experience with ROS

    Working with sensors and sensor data such as 3D point clouds

    Developing using C++ & Python

    Multithreaded programming and interprocess communications

    Working with simulators

    Experience using Linux systems via CLI

    Git version control

Desirable skills:

    Practical experience of a robotic system in the field

    Developing and integrating distributed embedded systems

    Visualisation and data analysis in jupyter notebook or similar

    Developing within a continuous integration and testing environment

    Writing and testing production code and working in teams

    Strong communications skills

    Permanent and unrestricted right to work and remain in the UK

Benefits

    Be a part of a rapidly growing and diverse company

    Opportunity to work on innovative ideas in the renewables and decommissioning industry using cutting edge technology

    Competitive salary

    25 days holiday plus bank holidays

    Generous pension scheme

    In-house Gym

    Great working environment in central Bristol

    Relocation costs covered

    Regular team activities and lunch

If you believe you have the above-mentioned skills, we want to hear from you. Please apply with your most up-to-date CV and a short description of what attracts you to the role via this link: https://rovco.workable.com/jobs/957519

---

[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/robotics-engineer/8322/1) or reply to this email to respond.