+ (text/plain)
Author: Shawn Schaerer via Discourse.ros.org via ros-users
To: ros-users
CC: Shawn Schaerer via Discourse.ros.org
Subject: [ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] ROS Based Fully Autonomous Airport Snow Plow

I am super excited to share with the ROS community our ROS based fully autonomous airport snow plow. This is the first autonomous snow plow operating at an Airport in North America.

It's been named "Otto" by the technical staff at the airport and I think its a great name for an autonomous vehicle
![OTTO-13|690x457,75%](upload://zkstObWGotFEFZEzTceeDRyeVis.jpeg)

We are long time ROS developers and I thank the community as a whole for making ROS the platform of choice for companies like ours. Using ROS has enabled us to concentrate on what matters most to our business and has saved us countless years of development time.

If anyone is interested in seeing a video of the plow operating can check out this link.
[https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/mobile/autonomous-snowplow-makes-debut-on-winnipeg-runway-1.4336891](https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/mobile/autonomous-snowplow-makes-debut-on-winnipeg-runway-1.4336891)

It would be great to get feedback from other groups using ROS in heavy vehicles like the ones we are automating.

Shawn Schaerer
[Northstar Robotics ](http://www.northstar-robotics.com)

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-based-fully-autonomous-airport-snow-plow/8344/1) or reply to this email to respond.