+ (text/plain)
Author: Nestor Gonzalez via Discourse.ros.org via ros-users
To: ros-users
CC: Nestor Gonzalez via Discourse.ros.org
Subject: [ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] Check out gym-gazebo2 and ROS2Learn!

Hello everyone,

I am software engineer at [Acutronic Robotics](http://acutronicrobotics.com) and I would like to present our latest open-sourced work. We have released [gym-gazebo2](https://acutronicrobotics.com/news/acutronic-robotics-launches-gym-gazebo2-a-toolkit-for-reinforcement-learning-using-ros-2-and-gazebo/), an upgraded, real world application oriented version of gym-gazebo, the ROS and Gazebo based Reinforcement Learning (RL) toolkit, which complies with OpenAIs Gym. This time fully focused on ROS2.

We have also released [ROS2Learn](https://acutronicrobotics.com/news/acutronic-robotics-presents-ros2learn-a-reinforcement-learning-framework-for-ros-2/), a novel framework for Deep Reinforcement Learning (DRL) in modular robotics, which uses the environments created in gym-gazebo2. We are including training scripts and creating tutorials so that anyone can replicate and improve our results.

The following tutorials will help you get an idea of what you can achieve using our tools.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCDrEhlylrk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdf3RI6hMKY

Join the [discussion on reddit](https://www.reddit.com/r/robotics/comments/b2jsm3/gymgazebo2_a_toolkit_for_rl_using_ros_2_and_gazebo/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app) or share your thoughts below! We invite everyone in the community to provide us feedback and contribute to both of the projects.

gym-gazebo2: [paper](https://arxiv.org/pdf/1903.06278.pdf), [code](https://github.com/acutronicRobotics/gym-gazebo2), [tutorials](https://acutronicrobotics.com/docs/technology/h-ros/api/level2/gym_gazebo).

ROS2Learn: [paper](https://arxiv.org/pdf/1903.06282.pdf), [code](https://github.com/AcutronicRobotics/ros2learn), [tutorials](https://acutronicrobotics.com/docs/technology/h-ros/api/level2/ros2learn).

Thanks,

Nestor

---