[Ros-release] OpenCV and Broken Electric Debs

Armin Hornung HornungA at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Nov 16 09:27:21 UTC 2011

Hi!

> Thanks for the heads up.  We did identify an issue in the SSE
> acceleration as mentioned in many of those questions.  We rereleased
> opencv with fewer patches.  The new binary got into our build pipeline
> but not into the public facing repo.  I just resynced the repos and I
> think it should be ok now.
I was able to resolve my issues with conflicts finally (on Ubuntu
11.04), but it looks like the sync did not fully complete:
http://answers.ros.org/question/2887/libopencv23-dev-conflict
http://answers.ros.org/question/2909/libopencv23-dev-conflict-ubuntu-1110-32-bit

Looking at the repo files at
http://packages.ros.org/ros/ubuntu/pool/main/r/ros-electric-vision-opencv/
all but the oneiric-32bit are up to date on 1.6.8.

Best,
Armin

--
Armin Hornung
Humanoid Robots Lab, Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg