[Ros-release] Fuerte pre-release failing, "Unable to locate package"

Wim Meeussen meeussen at willowgarage.com
Fri Apr 20 20:53:41 UTC 2012

> Would it be possible to delay the prerelease builds in that case until the
> main debs are built, and send a warning email instead of failing? I guess
> that could save some useless cycles in setting up the prereleases all over
> again.

That is pretty much what the prerelease test does. To do this check it
needs to first download the stack(s) that you are testing, find out what
their dependencies are, and then query the apt repository for these
dependencies. Instead of running these checks from a hudson node in a
chroot environment, we could run them on the server that creates prerelease
jobs. However, that approach would not scale very well when the number of
requests goes up.
Wim

Wim Meeussen
Willow Garage Inc.