[Ros-release] IPs in ROS_IP/ROS_HOSTNAME

Marcus Liebhardt marcus.liebhardt at rnd.yujinrobot.com
Thu Dec 13 08:11:34 UTC 2012

Hi there!
I'm running the second beta here (on an Ubuntu 64bit machine) and having
troubles running nodelets, when I'm using an IP address in either ROS_IP or
ROS_HOSTNAME.
Using an IP address in ROS_MASTER_URI alone (no ROS_IP/ROS_HOSTNAME set)
works fine. Names in ROS_HOSTNAME also don't cause any trouble.

Is that a bug or do I miss something

Cheers,
Marcus

PS: Please let me know, in case there is a better place for release-related
bugs and problems.
PPS: I heard rumours, that ROS_IP is deprecated. Is that true?

--
Marcus Liebhardt
Control Engineer
Email: marcus.liebhardt at yujinrobot.com