[Ros-release] packages missing from public repo

Brian Gerkey gerkey at osrfoundation.org
Fri Dec 21 00:40:57 UTC 2012

hi guys,

Today I noticed something that has happened periodically in the past:
I try to install something that depends on ROS packages and it fails
because things are missing from the public ('ros') repo.  If I switch
to shadow-fixed, everything's good.

Today, I found the following things missing:

ros-fuerte-pr2-mechanism
ros-fuerte-std-msgs
ros-fuerte-common-msgs
ros-fuerte-image-common
ros-fuerte-geometry
ros-fuerte-pr2-controllers
ros-fuerte-geometry-experimental
ros-fuerte-robot-model-visualization
ros-fuerte-image-pipeline

There's some pretty important stuff in that list. Is this expected?  I
would think that we'd want to be sure that such core packages are
present in shadow-fixed before syncing to public.

     brian.