[Ros-release] packages missing from public repo

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Fri Dec 21 00:55:32 UTC 2012

Hi Brian,

No it's not expected and I think you unfortunately hit during a sync.  It
takes a few minutes for us to resync everything across. Also if we have
synced since you last updated you will get 404s when trying to install or
upgrade, until you next update.

The status page is looking good: http://www.ros.org/debbuild/fuerte.html

And a spot check of the raw files shows std-msgs is present and happy:
http://packages.ros.org/ros/ubuntu/pool/main/r/ros-fuerte-std-msgs/

Tully

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 4:40 PM, Brian Gerkey <gerkey at osrfoundation.org>wrote:

> hi guys,
>
> Today I noticed something that has happened periodically in the past:
> I try to install something that depends on ROS packages and it fails
> because things are missing from the public ('ros') repo.  If I switch
> to shadow-fixed, everything's good.
>
> Today, I found the following things missing:
>
> ros-fuerte-pr2-mechanism
> ros-fuerte-std-msgs
> ros-fuerte-common-msgs
> ros-fuerte-image-common
> ros-fuerte-geometry
> ros-fuerte-pr2-controllers
> ros-fuerte-geometry-experimental
> ros-fuerte-robot-model-visualization
> ros-fuerte-image-pipeline
>
> There's some pretty important stuff in that list. Is this expected?  I
> would think that we'd want to be sure that such core packages are
> present in shadow-fixed before syncing to public.
>
>      brian.

Tully Foote
tfoote at willowgarage.com
(650) 475-2827