[Ros-release] Groovy releases

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Fri Dec 7 12:24:49 UTC 2012

Hi Daniel,

The buildfarm by default reconfigures nightly.  You can see the
reconfiguration in
http://jenkins.willowgarage.com:8080/job/groovy-reconfigure-release-jobs/

Unfortunately this afternoon knowing that we were about to trigger a full
rebuild with a catkin release toward Groovy Beta 2, I set the version to
null for most of the stacks which are released but I have not seen build on
groovy.  This was done to prevent the build farm from wasting time trying
to build all these packages known to fail.

I can see that it was picked up in this build
http://jenkins.willowgarage.com:8080/job/groovy-reconfigure-release-jobs/148/consoleText

but yujin_osc was skipped in reconfigures 150 and 151 due to my nulling the
version, which also leads to deleting the job. Which unfortunately also
gets rid of the history of the job.  After this full rebuild we can add it
back into the configuration to get the error logs.  Hopefully that will
happen in the morning.

Tully

On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 1:30 AM, Daniel Stonier <d.stonier at gmail.com> wrote:

> Trying to make sense of the groovy releases, so I can perhaps speed up my
> processes. Often I'm wondering if I've made an error or if it's just slow
> to identify there is a new stack to be built.
>

> http://jenkins.willowgarage.com:8080/job/ros-groovy-metapackages_binarydeb_precise_amd64/
>
> Is the above a full list of the stacks that are getting built at any time?
> It has occasionally taken 3-4 days or 5-6 runs at a time for a newly
> registered stack to appear in there for me. Currently yujin_ocs is not
> present in that list (for two days), but it's listed at
> http://www.ros.org/debbuild/groovy.html.
>
> Another odd one is turtlebot_create - it also is not listed in
> ros-groovy-metapackages_binarydeb_precise_amd64, but was there and
> successfully built two days ago.
>
> Is there an easier way to work out if the newly registered stacks (dry or
> wet) are registered properly and just awaiting pickup by the jenkins builds
> - and which jenkins build should I be watching?
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel.

Tully Foote
tfoote at willowgarage.com