[Ros-release] Groovy package dependency updates

Jack O'Quin jack.oquin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 17:26:02 UTC 2012

On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 3:22 PM, Tully Foote <tfoote at willowgarage.com>wrote:

> Thanks to everyone's efforts we appear to have fixed almost all the wet
> packages.
>
> There are still several dry packages which are broken due to requiring the
> formerly leaked dependencies.  We're looking at adding those as
> dependencies for rosbuild so that no dry packages need to be updated for
> this cleanup.  (If you are releasing dry feel free to clean up the
> dependencies as stated above. )  With adding these dependencies back most
> packages should be building again in the next cycle or two.

Looks like theora_image_transport needs tweaking, too:

http://jenkins.willowgarage.com:8080/view/GbinO64/job/ros-groovy-theora-image-transport_binarydeb_oneiric_amd64/

There is some problem with message generation. I can't figure out exactly
what, because the wiki source link points to:

https://github.com/ros-perception/image_transport_plugins/tree/fuerte-devel/theora_image_transport

That is a dry package, but Jenkins lists it as wet. I guess the source
moved somewhere else.

The roslocate command shows it here, which seems even less likely:

https://code.ros.org/svn/ros-pkg/stacks/image_transport_plugins/trunk/theora_image_transport

It has gotten quite difficult to find the correct sources for various ROS
packages, especially when they reside in different repositories for
different ROS distros.
--
 joq