[Ros-release] ROS Fuerte Freeze Schedule Update

Daniel Stonier d.stonier at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 02:20:12 UTC 2012

Couple of quick questions.

>From what I've seen, it looks like you can upgrade your stacks to catkin
and build/release from source with catkin (releases have to be catkin
enabled?). Alternatively if your stack is not yet catkin enabled, you can
still apt-get or catkin build/install dependencies, then use the old 'in
place' build via rosco and rosmake to compile your sources. Am I tuned in
to the master plan correctly?

Rospack is now using your rewrite brian? i.e.

- hg:
    uri: 'https://kforge.ros.org/rosrelease/rospack'
    local-name: rospack

Rosinstall - if it's a permanent feature, it would be good if it detected
the presence of catkin and made that symbolic link 'catkin/toplevel.cmake
-> CMakeLists.txt'.

What is the situation with rx tools and ros-fuerte-swig-wx? I'm sudo
apt-get'ing ubuntu's swig at the moment and that is sufficient to compile.
I suspect this is in the works as mentioned on the migration page (it's a
source rosdep?).

I'm going to hit the cross-compiling over the next couple of days, so I'll
hit the tracker with patches for you.

Cheers,
Daniel.