[Ros-release] how to troubleshoot broken debs?

Jack O'Quin jack.oquin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 19:52:37 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 6:43 PM, Tully Foote <tfoote at willowgarage.com> wrote:
> For the old style debs it's unfortunately cumbersome.  What you need to do
> is identify the rosdistro, distro, arch and find that job on
> build.willowgarage.com.  Ala
> http://build.willowgarage.com/job/debbuild-build-debs-fuerte-precise-i386/
> The job is parameterized.  It's either run with a specific stack name or ALL
> as a parameter.  You want to find the most recent ALL job that failed.  To
> find the parameter you need to click on a specific job instance: for example
> 470
> http://build.willowgarage.com/job/debbuild-build-debs-fuerte-precise-i386/470/
> and then click on the parameters button to show the parameters.  It shows
> ALL.  Then click on the [raw] button for the console output and find where
> it started building your package. ( A shortcut to finding the ALL builds is
> usually that they are red, when individual releases ususally are blue.  )
>
> If it's a compile failure you can look for [FAIL] but if it's a packaging
> issues unfortunately you need to search for the name of the stack.

Thanks for the pointer.

Looking at that one, about all I see is this (which does not tell
much). Where is the pbuilder output?

===================
[build_debs]: selecting [velodyne] because [ros-fuerte-velodyne,
0.9.1-\w*~precise] not in repo
[build_debs]: Attempting to build: ('velodyne', '0.9.1')
[build_debs]: Initiating build of: ('velodyne', '0.9.1')
[build_debs]: Actually trying to build velodyne-0.9.1...
[build_debs]: starting pbuilder build of velodyne-0.9.1
[build_debs]: Build of [('velodyne', '0.9.1')] failed, adding to broken list
[build_debs]: looking for next stack to build. Current deps list is

Before Fuerte, I was always able to solve problems like this using the
pre-release tests. Now they no longer seem to work.
--
 joq