[Ros-release] how to troubleshoot broken debs?

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Thu Jul 26 23:43:25 UTC 2012

For the old style debs it's unfortunately cumbersome.  What you need to do
is identify the rosdistro, distro, arch and find that job on
build.willowgarage.com.  Ala
http://build.willowgarage.com/job/debbuild-build-debs-fuerte-precise-i386/ The
job is parameterized.  It's either run with a specific stack name or ALL as
a parameter.  You want to find the most recent ALL job that failed.  To
find the parameter you need to click on a specific job instance: for
example 470
http://build.willowgarage.com/job/debbuild-build-debs-fuerte-precise-i386/470/
and
then click on the parameters button to show the parameters.  It shows ALL.
 Then click on the [raw] button for the console output and find where it
started building your package. ( A shortcut to finding the ALL builds is
usually that they are red, when individual releases ususally are blue.  )

If it's a compile failure you can look for [FAIL] but if it's a packaging
issues unfortunately you need to search for the name of the stack.

Tully

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 4:18 PM, Jack O'Quin <jack.oquin at gmail.com> wrote:

> I released the velodyne stack to fuerte quite a while back. Two of the
> debs are still marked in red as "broken".
>
> Usually, I ignore that for a while and the problem generally goes
> away. But, the state of that stack is still stuck.
>
> I can't figure out what is wrong. The code passes the pre-release
> tests, it compiles and runs correctly for me on Precise (the version
> that is broken).
>
> What reports should I look at to diagnose what went wrong with that build?
> --
>  joq

Tully Foote
tfoote at willowgarage.com