[Ros-release] Debian source build failed -- what to do?

Vincent Rabaud vrabaud at willowgarage.com
Sat Jun 2 16:29:34 UTC 2012

First thing is to go here:
http://www.ros.org/debbuild/fuerte.html

If it is red, then it failed during the build. You need to go to the farm
and find the corresponding job that failed http://build.willowgarage.com/ (but
a link should be provided in the mail you receive)

If it is yellow, the sourcedeb could not be generated and there is a
problem with your dependencies.

Click on the name of your package on
http://www.ros.org/debbuild/fuerte.html and
you get to:
https://code.ros.org/svn/release/download/stacks/art_vehicle/art_vehicle-0.4.2/

Open up the yaml file and you'll see there is no precise. There was
probably a message given to you when you did a ros release. To fix it, you
first need to check that the dependencies are all proper for precise in
https://github.com/ros/rosdistro/blob/master/rosdep/base.yaml (by checking
packages.ubuntu.com/precise/your_dependency_name ) and if so, you probably
just need to do a rosdep update before your next release.