[Ros-release] rosdep updates for Fuerte releases

Stéphane Magnenat stephane.magnenat at mavt.ethz.ch
Tue Mar 20 16:19:50 UTC 2012

Hi,

Ok, I can answer myself by reading carefully:
   http://www.ros.org/wiki/release/Releasing/fuerte
So the rosdep.yaml must be contributed upstream.

I have a question related to contributing hardware-related dependencies:
asebaros 0.8.0 depends on libhal and more recent versions on aseba
depend on libudev on Linux, and other packages on OS X and Windows. In
the current rosdep.yaml inside ethzasl_aseba, I have a serial_port
dependency. Should we keep something like this? Is there a best practice
to address meta-packages that have different dependencies on different
platforms?

Kind regards,

Stéphane

--