[Ros-release] Deactivating devel-jobs on the build server

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Tue Oct 9 08:17:02 UTC 2012

Hi Armin,

I disabled that specific job for you.  We'll probably tear down all the
electric jobs soon too.

In general the devel builds should always work.  The general solution is to
create a  branch of the last electric compatible tag and set the
development branch in electric.rosdistro to point to that branch.  That way
the build farm stays happy and in the case you want to backport a patch
there's an obvious landing place.

We're starting to recommend that instead of developing on
trunk/master/default that developers develop in groovy-devel or whatever so
that there's no need to rename branches etc come release time.

Tully

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 8:30 AM, Armin Hornung <
HornungA at informatik.uni-freiburg.de> wrote:

> Is it possible to deactivate (erroneous) devel-jobs on the build server? I
> keep getting error messages via email for a job that is no longer supposed
> to build under electric ("devel_electric_humanoid_**navigation... - still
> failing").
>
> I assume that they get auto-generated on pre-release builds, could someone
> with access deactivate that job? It's located at
> http://build.willowgarage.com/**job/devel_electric_humanoid_**
> navigation_lucid_amd64/<http://build.willowgarage.com/job/devel_electric_humanoid_navigation_lucid_amd64/>(the other distribution targets can be deactivated as well).
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Armin Hornung
> Humanoid Robots Lab, Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg
> Contact: http://www.informatik.uni-**freiburg.de/~hornunga<http://www.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/~hornunga>

Tully Foote
tfoote at willowgarage.com
(650) 475-2827