[Ros-release] Groovy debbuild progress

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Mon Sep 17 18:13:25 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

I'm emailing the ros-release list and all maintainers bcc'd.  We are
getting close to having coverage on the groovy builds. Please see:
http://www.ros.org/debbuild/groovy_critical_dependencies_precise_amd64.txtif
one of your packages is broken.  I hope to have outstanding packages
fixed by the end of the week.  Please try to patch sooner than later
especially if your packages are blocking others from building so they have
time to patch.

The majority of the bugs we've seen getting to this level have been
dependency updates for things which have become rosdeps from system
dependencies, like pcl and opencv.  And also as common and common_rosdeps
have been deprecated for a full cycle, they're now being stripped, and
exposing packages which have undocumented implicit dependencies.

Also for clarity on the state of the system I will likely remove stacks
which continue not to successfully build from the groovy.rosdistro file.
 If I removed one of your packages which is not building, please understand
that you're free to add it back, just please do so when you expect it to
build.  I did copy most of the packages released in fuerte.rosdistro into
groovy.rosdistro, previously we have used this as an opportunity to strip
most of the packages and require readding them to let us know that they're
still maintained.

Tully

--
Tully Foote