[Ros-release] Troubles releasing a wet package to Hydro

Jack O'Quin jack.oquin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 18:39:23 UTC 2013

I am trying to release a wet Hydro version of camera1394.

This is the first catkinized version of that package, and many bugs
were found already. It now passes the pre-release tests cleanly, so I
made a bloom release. But, the binary builds all fail at the
dynamic_reconfigure configuration step:

 http://jenkins.willowgarage.com:8080/job/ros-hydro-camera1394_binarydeb_precise_amd64/2/console

{{{
-- catkin 0.5.65
-- Boost version: 1.46.1
-- Found the following Boost libraries:
--   thread
-- checking for module 'libdc1394-2'
--   found libdc1394-2, version 2.2.0
CMake Error at /opt/ros/hydro/share/dynamic_reconfigure/cmake/extras.cmake:47
(message):
  Could not run dynamic reconfigure file 'cfg/Camera1394.cfg': the rosdep
  view is empty: call 'sudo rosdep init' and 'rosdep update'
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:35 (generate_dynamic_reconfigure_options)

dh_auto_configure: cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr
-DCMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE=ON -DCATKIN_BUILD_BINARY_PACKAGE=1
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/ros/hydro
-DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=/opt/ros/hydro returned exit code 1
make[1]: *** [override_dh_auto_configure] Error 2
}}}

This does not provide me much of a clue. I already tried making one
change to the .cfg script. It was a reasonable change, but did not
solve the problem.

So, after two failed release attempts, I need help figuring out what is wrong.
--
 joq