[Ros-release] Wet Prereleases

Daniel Stonier d.stonier at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 13:13:28 UTC 2013

On 15 February 2013 18:49, Thibault Kruse <kruset at in.tum.de> wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
>

> On 15.02.2013 02:51, Daniel Stonier wrote:
>
>> These fails also happen in other ways - e.g. a missing
>> find_package(catkin REQUIRED ...) in just one package in the stack also
>> gets past pre-release.
>>

> There is a script called catkin_make_isolated that people can use to build
> packages in isolation. This can help detect certain missing declared
> dependencies. So maintainers can make sure both catkin_make and
> catkin_make_isolated pass locally before heading on to pre-release.

That's interesting - hadn't discovered that tool before. Just did a quick
run, and while it would catch some issues, it would still not catch the
install dependency problems I outlined in the first email (unless I
manually sandboxed, cleared all the debs and reinstalled individual package
dependencies inbetween each isolated build).

Cheers,
Daniel.

regards,