[Ros-release] Build failures for camera1394 on Groovy

Jack O'Quin jack.oquin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 04:29:17 UTC 2013

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 9:05 PM, Vincent Rabaud <vrabaud at willowgarage.com>wrote:

> I did not run a pre-release on that one as the only solution was indeed to
> remove that runtime rostest dependency (to prevent the catkin error). It
> being the right solution does not mean it had no consequence so I apologize.
>
> We thought about a solution for rospack with Dirk but if possible, patch
> camera1394 the right way by adding a rostest dependency for now. Or even
> better, catkinize it :p. Thx.

I updated the groovy-devel version already to add the rostest dependency.
Then, I had to update the dry release/distro/groovy.yaml since the source
had moved to github. But, the pre-release tests are failing tonight:

  Creating pre-release Hudson jobs:
  ERROR: Failed to communicate with Hudson server. Try again later.

But, the rostest unit tests still do not run successfully anyway on Groovy.
The exact same sources and tests run perfectly on Fuerte. It is really hard
to get dry stacks working with Groovy. This code has worked fine with
hardly any changes for the last several years. But, the dry release tools
seem to fail frequently, now.

I have been working on catkinizing camera1394 for Hydro. So far without
success. Releasing such a major change in Groovy would be wildly
inappropriate. It would totally break user source overlays, for example.
--
 joq