[Ros-release] Build type and optimizations on the build farm?

Austin Hendrix ahendrix at willowgarage.com
Thu Jul 18 02:25:10 UTC 2013

I have a few packages containing realtime controllers that were
previously built with:
set(ROS_BUILD_TYPE Release), which among other things enabled
optimizations as part of the build process.

Since the catkin doesn't supply a replacement for ROS_BUILD_TYPE, I've
omitted it when catkinizing packages, but I'm discovering now that
packages compiled on the build farm are not sufficiently optimized for
my use case.

Is there a way to enable optimizations or the Release build type,
either on the farm as a whole, in bloom, or in my packages?

-Austin