[Ros-release] how to migrate 4-month-old GBP repo to latest bloom?

Jack O'Quin jack.oquin at gmail.com
Sat Jul 20 17:08:43 UTC 2013

I've seen changes in the way bloom formats its release repositories. When
dealing with the previous layout it seems to upgrade automatically.

But, I am trying to release image_common, which has not been released for
about four months. Its GBP repo looks strange, it has a copy of the code in
"master" and a tracks.yaml file in the "bloom" branch. I know the format
has changed since then, but bloom does not seem to be able to find the
tracks.

 https://github.com/ros-gbp/image_common-release

Any suggestions for how to get this repo working with the current bloom?

joq at vision-4:image_common-release$ git-bloom-config show hydro
Track 'hydro' does not exist.
joq at vision-4:image_common-release$ git co bloom
Switched to branch 'bloom'
joq at vision-4:image_common-release$ ls
bloom.conf  tracks.yaml
joq at vision-4:image_common-release$ git-bloom-config show hydro
Track 'hydro' does not exist.
 joq at vision-4:image_common-release$ cat tracks.yaml
tracks:
  hydro:
    actions:
    - bloom-export-upstream :{vcs_local_uri} :{vcs_type} --tag
:{release_tag} --display-uri
      :{vcs_uri} --name :{name} --output-dir :{archive_dir_path}
    - git-bloom-import-upstream :{archive_path} :{patches}
--release-version :{version}
      --replace
    - git-bloom-generate -y rosrelease :{ros_distro} --source upstream -i
:{release_inc}
    - git-bloom-generate -y rosdebian --prefix release/:{ros_distro}
:{ros_distro}
      -i :{release_inc}
    devel_branch: null
    last_version: 1.10.3