[Ros-release] Groovy prerelease failed for packages depending on gazebo

Weißhardt, Florian Florian.Weisshardt at ipa.fraunhofer.de
Mon Jul 29 15:05:19 UTC 2013

Hi release experts,

we are currently releasing into groovy, but get errors [1,2] for the prerelease step for packages depending on any package in the simulator_gazebo stack (e.g. gazebo, gazebo_plugins). We also tried to trigger a prerelease for an existing package depending on gazebo [3,4] with the same result.

The error is that the debian packages for gazebo are parsed correctly from the stack and package information and installed. As soon as the release script runs "rosdep install -y mypackage" apt needs to install some more packages but removes ros-groovy-simulator-gazebo. How can we prevent gazebo from being uninstalled? As it occurs also for existing packages we assume it is a conflict in the release version of gazebo of some dependencies. Can you please help us sorting this out?

Best regards,

  Florian

[1] http://build.willowgarage.com/job/prerelease_groovy_schunk_modular_robotics_precise_amd64/7/

[2] http://build.willowgarage.com/job/prerelease_groovy_cob_environments_precise_amd64/5/

[3] http://build.willowgarage.com/job/prerelease_groovy_erratic_robot_precise_amd64/3/

[4] http://build.willowgarage.com/job/prerelease_groovy_pr2_simulator_precise_amd64/3/

Build log:

Executing command "rosdep install -y schunk_modular_robotics"

Reading package lists...

Building dependency tree...

Reading state information...

  libogre-1.7.4 libxaw7-dev libzzip-dev libfreeimage3 libraw5 libilmbase6

  libprotobuf7 liblcms2-2 libtar0 libyaml-dev libprotobuf-dev libfltk1.1

  libfreeimage-dev libxmu-dev libopenexr6 libogre-dev libxpm-dev libzzip-0-13

  libjasper1 libxmu-headers protobuf-compiler libprotoc-dev libprotobuf-lite7

  libopenjpeg2 libprotoc7 libxrandr2 libtar-dev

  fltk1.3-doc libfltk-cairo1.3 libfltk-forms1.3 libfltk-gl1.3

  libfltk-images1.3 libfltk1.3 libfltk1.3-dev

Suggested packages:

  libcairo2-dev libxinerama-dev

The following packages will be REMOVED:

  libfltk1.1-dev ros-groovy-simulator-gazebo

  fltk1.3-doc fluid libfltk-cairo1.3 libfltk-forms1.3 libfltk-gl1.3

  libfltk-images1.3 libfltk1.3 libfltk1.3-dev

0 upgraded, 8 newly installed, 2 to remove and 46 not upgraded.

Need to get 7,367 kB of archives.

After this operation, 119 MB disk space will be freed.

---
Dipl.-Ing. Florian Weißhardt

Fraunhofer IPA, Abt. 320/Roboter- und Assistenzsysteme
Nobelstrasse 12, D-70569 Stuttgart (Germany)
Phone +49(0)711-970-1046,
Fax +49(0)711-970-1008
http://www.ipa.fraunhofer.de/ <http://www.ipa.fraunhofer.de/>