[Ros-release] Nite - Third party release

Ruben Smits ruben.smits at intermodalics.eu
Mon Jul 8 07:44:29 UTC 2013

Hi Marcus,

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 4:54 AM, Marcus Liebhardt <
marcus.liebhardt at yujinrobot.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone!
>
> I'm currently thinking about releasing Nite2 as a debian package to enable
> a new version of the openni_tracker, since the old one based on Nite 1.5 is
> quite unstable.
>
> AFAIK, this can be done using Bloom (
> http://ros.org/wiki/bloom/Tutorials/ReleaseThirdParty). Since I have
> never done this before, it would be nice, if someone could point me to
> useful information, e.g. other third-party libraries already released with
> Bloom.

Orocos KDL and its python bindings have been released in Hydro using Bloom
as a third party package. I just followed the instructions and chose the
easy way to include a package.xml in the upstream repos. I do not remember
having any issues during the release.

> Furthermore, I am curious, if s.o. could point me to the release
> repo/config files for the old Nite library (libopenni-nite-dev).
>
> Thanks for you help!
> Marcus

Ruben

> --
> Marcus Liebhardt
> Control Engineer
> Yujin Robot
> 주소: 대한민국 서울시 금천구 가산동 345-30 남성프라자 #601, 153-023.
> Address: Door #601, Namsung-Plaza, 345-30 Gasan-dong, Guemcheon-gu,
> Seoul, 153-023, Republic of Korea
> Website: http://www.yujinrobot.com
> Email: marcus.liebhardt at yujinrobot.com
> Phone: +82-70-46577073