[Ros-release] How to pre-release before 1st time release

Marcus Liebhardt marcus.liebhardt at yujinrobot.com
Tue Jul 9 07:00:27 UTC 2013

Hey Tully!

Thanks for the hint. Unfortunately, I don't think this solves my problem.

I am able to trigger the pre-release, but it currently fails with the first
task of building, which is building the metapackage. It tries to get the
metapackage's dependencies (the other packages in the repo) via apt-get,
which of course is not possible. Is that a setup issue on my side or is
some logic missing/broken in the pre-release script?

Regarding the pre-release instructions, I believe we need to add the other
steps to prepare a pre-release as well.
For example, I did:
* Created a pull request for rosdistro/hydro/release.yaml to add repo/package
information, but without a version number
* Configured the release repo using git-bloom-config
* Started with bloom-release, but stopped before creating a pull request
for rosdistro/hydro/release.yaml. This was need to get the required tags
pushed to my release repo

I am not sure, if the above is the correct/recommended way to prepare a
pre-release. For example, after using the new highly automated tools, such
as git-bloom-config and bloom-release, it feels awkward to do similar
things manually and also to interrupt a process halfway through.

Marcus

Email: marcus.liebhardt at yujinrobot.com
Phone: +82-70-46577073